1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bloating versus Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nana, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Nana

Nana Peer Supporter

I started feeling bettter in March from the bloating but in June I had to go get an endoscopy , I got extremely afraid . a few days after the gastroscopy I ate some chia seeds for breakfast and started feeling bloated and since then I have estreme bloating whenever I eat oatmeal, chia , or any fiber (like whole wheat bread, lentils , beans,etc....). in March , April , and May I was fine. Actually I was quite impressed that I could eat most beans and not bloat. My mind is trying to find a logical explanation for all of this. Perhaps it is the way I am cooking them now as compared to before. Maybe my portions are bigger now. My mind is tired. Perhaps I will never have easy digestions since they removed my gallbladder last November. Last year the doctor told me that my nausia and bloating would improve after the gallbladder removal due to tiny stones but now I wish I never had it removed because now I blame everything on the gallbladder removal. Sometimes I feel like I am damaged as I have no gallbladder and now there can be no fix. So yes, surgeries are not a fix for all pains. I am afraid that because I do not produce a lot of bile that the sugars and fiber jI eat does not get very digested and gets digested by the bacteria which create too much gas. That is my theory to what I am experiencing with the veryyyyyyyy annoying bloating. The surgery I had is a big hurdle in this Tms work I am doing. Can I still view this as Tms after gall bladder removal? Three doctors have seen me and done alll kinds of tests in the last months and they find nothing wrrong. My worst feeling is not pain but heavy bloating to the point that I feel like I have a tone of bricks in my tummy. It is soooooo uncomfortable. When I go for walks with my husband he complains because he sees me rubbing my tummy all the time. I look pregnant. Sometimes I feel the bloating more on the right side of my abomen , sometimes more on the left side, sometimes in my mid back and other times in my mid esopohagus . I feel like I have a jconstant air pocket in my stomach which I can not run away from. I feel like I am drowning in this awfull balloon of air. Am I being selfish to complain about bloating because I have no pain but God it is soooooo uncomfortable and almost constant. Is my brain playing tricks on me? I read about all types of TMS , and I know this may seem selfish but I wish many of the success stories I would read , would be about recovering from digestive and bloating issues and I do not want to hear about diet changes as I have done all of that and it helps minimally. If anyone could give me a few words of encouragement . I am doing the recovery program , I am reading seveeral Tms books, I am meditating, doing yoga, doing journal, doing the curable app, and I follow several TMS programs on youtube. Perhaps I have some strange condition no oneKnows about.......?????

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Nana,

There are many causes for bloating.

If you are concerned about lack of bile, you can take bile salts with your meals.

Have you tried the FODMAP diet? It may help you reduce bloating significantly. Take a look this video from UCLA:

Hope it helps,

3. Nana

Nana Peer Supporter

Thank you but I really want to take the TMS route as everything else has failed .

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

And you should. According to the FODMAP app:
    Dr. Simone Peters
    World renowned IBS & Gut Expert

After conducting a clinical trial that found her gut-directed hypnotherapy protocol improved IBS symptoms by 70% in 3 out of 4, Dr. Peters helped design an app to allow anyone use the approach.

''The most interesting finding of all is that gut-directed hypnotherapy is equally as effective in terms of improving symptoms as the low FODMAP diet...without having to change what they eat.''- Dr. Simone Peters.

TMS plays a major role.