1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Bladder symptoms lessen a bit

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Apr 4, 2018.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

I continue to try and just live, sometimes I am very successful and the urge to urinate goes away. However sometimes I get waves of nausea. I have read that nausea is a fight flight response and it should be treated much the same as pain. I'm not sure which symptom is worse but with both I work through them.

One thing which helps me tremendously is just to realize there is nothing to fear and then do some somatic exercises I learned from doing Dr. Peter Levine's self help CDs. it's similar to Somatic Tracking, just watch and see where it goes. If it gets too difficult then pendulate to something neutral. This helps ease the symptoms and I believe it sends signals to the brain that I am safe.

Anytime before I had nausea I did this and it took a few weeks before the nausea went away completely.

I believe along with TMS I have bound energy from my brain sending fight/flight signals. This bound energy if not released will become symptoms. If course catastrophic and fear thinking keeps the signal going. Outcome independence to me is the optimal state along with pendulation and somatic tracking if needed.

Every morning I wake up with nausea, my head filled with weird fears from dreams. I wake and do somatic tracking. I feel urges to tremble or sigh, or even small twitches. I let them all happen. This goes on for about 20 mins. My fears subside and I feel ready enough to face the day.

I also try and "prime" myself by doing some positive visualization. Often my mind inserts fear filled scenarios and I stop, picture it as a photocopy and it going in the paper shredder and resume my positive visualization.