1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bizarre Symptom...could TMS be on the run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by WantToBelieve, Mar 25, 2015.

1. WantToBelieve

WantToBelieve Peer Supporter

I've posted a few times, most recently was saying how I've been working on my TMS since October with little to no improvement. Then Alan Gordan sent me a video on 'Conditioned Responses' and it really resonated with me. Anyway, I believe I've been seeing some small improvements in my pain (part of my problem is not accepting that small improvements ARE improvements and not down playing it and convincing myself it wasn't really any improvement...do others struggle with this?) Anyway, yesterday I had two symptoms that are completely out of the ordinary for me.

I went to put my 2 year old down for a nap and we had been reading books lying on the floor, when I got up my low back spasmed. Never has this happened in my life! I immediately thought TMS! It was a little off the rest of the day and now is fine. TMS or just a weird thing for a few hours?

The next symptom is really strange though. Getting ready for last night I looked down at my arms and freaked out when I saw both arms covered in tiny, red bumps. Slightly raised and like a rash. It covered both arms and my entire torso but that was it. I had never ever seen anything like this in my life. I didn't really think it was TMS at first. I had the stomach flu the day prior and wondered if it tied into that perhaps the stomach flu was in fact something more serious. My husband convinced me that it was just a rash and it wasn't life threatening and to go to bed and if it was there in the morning, I could see the doctor. It was gone this morning! All gone! TMS????

My regular pain is kinda more back to normal today so it seems a took a few steps backward there.

Thoughts?