1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

BIG RELAPSE - THOUGHTS...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Toprale, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Toprale

Toprale New Member

Just had a big sudden relapse that, doesn't make any sense. My back is twisting... cannot walk straight
    and get stabbing pain that takes my breath away and throws me off balance.
    Now, i set down and meditated on the whole thing doing a lot of mantras and visualization of my pain disappearing.. stood up and felt much much better pain almost gone...
    Time 4 minutes i get outside and jump on my vespa pain comes back stronger than before..

I feel like i have to spend most of my day trying to convince the pain to go away OR
    should i just really try to not give it my attention.

So in case of relapse, what is the best solution? try not to give it importance? or go back and re read Sarno's paragraphs, watch toms testimonials, do some journaling.

I am confused as to how to approach it,

Ale

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Hey Ale,

Relax bro. You are a young man in your prime. No reason to worry your body is failing.

The human body is not very complex. But, the mind is over the top complex and the mind and body are simpatico! (the same)

You can walk upright brother, with power. Let go of fear!

Get inside your own mind and move weakness to fearlessness.

Peace.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

The purpose of the pain is to keep you focused on your body. Take away the purpose by refusing to focus on the body. Just do what you want to do. Live your life. Remind yourself you are well and healthy. I found that each relapse became shorter and shorter using this strategy.

4. Toprale

Toprale New Member

thanks for the support!
    i ve used the Sarno method succesfully before, although the pain is really at another level l, i fell on the floor twice today, i am trying to do what i have to do but its just seriously overwhelming....
    arrghhh