1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Big Break

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Apr 8, 2018.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

I finally got a huge break from my over active bladder. It just happened by taking my focus off it. It took a long while of practicing acceptance and not being so bothered by it. It also helped to shift my focus from constant thoughts of having to use the bathroom to more important things.

I also tested my self when I did go and guage the amount and whether I could have waited a bit longer. As the days went on I focussed more on my life and be more externally focussed rather than inwardly focussed.

Lastly journaling. Connecting the dots, feeling a bit unprepared and not sure of the direction my life is going and most of all learning to let go and be ok with wherever life takes me.

I'm still getting little bouts here and there but they usually come after discharging lots of pent up anxious energy. As I am practicing "floating" like Dr. Weekes mentions and somatic tracking.

Ellen and Durga like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

You are well on your way! Welcome to the Forum!

love your screen name

3. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Thanks Ellen, it's been a big eye opener being on the program. I used to be angry or upset at the pains. Once I learned it was up to me, things became more difficult at first until it starts working.

Patience is a big one for me. I'm 35, and my life was non-stop since 25. Now it's about listening to my body. Teaching it or allowing it to do what it needs. To put it short, move out of the way of healing. Thinking too much is often the culprit.

Jokeysmurf was my favorite growing up.

Ellen likes this.