MrKneePain
Newcomer
Hello all,
Quick intro: I'm 33, ATM not working due to tension headaches which I have had for 8 months.
I also suffer from debilitating bi-lateral PFPS knee pain which I saw some threads about (like https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/really-struggling-with-knee-pain.25284/ (Really Struggling with Knee Pain)).
I have a long history of knee pain, specifically PFPS, with no injury or surgery.
The headaches started near an emotional event so I’m sure its TMS/neuroplastic, also head MRI was clean.
Half a year ago, in a move which wasn't very smart, I moved back into my parents' house, where there are stairs (in my previous apartment there weren't any stairs).
I spend most if not all time on the upper floor, mostly lying/sitting in bed because of the knee pain.
My legs are very weak and I am in a really tough spot. The pain makes it very hard to do PT to strengthen the legs.
Both knees hurt, an MRI of my left knee from 2024 was clean, but now I have a burning sensation almost every day at some point in the afternoon, under the patella.
I'm in a mind-body/neuroplastic pain rehab program twice a week, which means I go down and up the stairs twice a week. This makes me very scared and increases pain, because the legs are so weak I believe.
The doctor in the rehab program checked the left knee and assured me there is no inflammation, but I still very much worry about it and consider doing another MRI to be fully relaxed about it, which I’m not at the moment.
I read the theories of Dr. Scott dye and various other PFPS stories, which filled my head with scary thoughts about inflammation issues. That’s why I fear going down and up the stairs.
I’m currently reading the Mind-Body prescription and having a tough time fully buying into the TMS/neuroplastic pain theory.
I have the personality which fits TMS, perfectionist, “goodie” person, with a lot of anxiety around the knee pain since I moved back with my parents and the whole stairs issue.
Also not working is extremely tough on me, I loved my job (was a programmer) and the headaches make it very hard to keep doing it.
Anyway, this is my story in a nutshell.
I guess I’m just looking for some encouragement.
Did anyone else have a burning sensation in the knee which wasn’t inflammation but a mind-body symptom? This is probably what I’m most worried about.
Any other thoughts on the headaches/knee pain? Would love to hear.
Thanks
Quick intro: I'm 33, ATM not working due to tension headaches which I have had for 8 months.
I also suffer from debilitating bi-lateral PFPS knee pain which I saw some threads about (like https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/really-struggling-with-knee-pain.25284/ (Really Struggling with Knee Pain)).
I have a long history of knee pain, specifically PFPS, with no injury or surgery.
The headaches started near an emotional event so I’m sure its TMS/neuroplastic, also head MRI was clean.
Half a year ago, in a move which wasn't very smart, I moved back into my parents' house, where there are stairs (in my previous apartment there weren't any stairs).
I spend most if not all time on the upper floor, mostly lying/sitting in bed because of the knee pain.
My legs are very weak and I am in a really tough spot. The pain makes it very hard to do PT to strengthen the legs.
Both knees hurt, an MRI of my left knee from 2024 was clean, but now I have a burning sensation almost every day at some point in the afternoon, under the patella.
I'm in a mind-body/neuroplastic pain rehab program twice a week, which means I go down and up the stairs twice a week. This makes me very scared and increases pain, because the legs are so weak I believe.
The doctor in the rehab program checked the left knee and assured me there is no inflammation, but I still very much worry about it and consider doing another MRI to be fully relaxed about it, which I’m not at the moment.
I read the theories of Dr. Scott dye and various other PFPS stories, which filled my head with scary thoughts about inflammation issues. That’s why I fear going down and up the stairs.
I’m currently reading the Mind-Body prescription and having a tough time fully buying into the TMS/neuroplastic pain theory.
I have the personality which fits TMS, perfectionist, “goodie” person, with a lot of anxiety around the knee pain since I moved back with my parents and the whole stairs issue.
Also not working is extremely tough on me, I loved my job (was a programmer) and the headaches make it very hard to keep doing it.
Anyway, this is my story in a nutshell.
I guess I’m just looking for some encouragement.
Did anyone else have a burning sensation in the knee which wasn’t inflammation but a mind-body symptom? This is probably what I’m most worried about.
Any other thoughts on the headaches/knee pain? Would love to hear.
Thanks