1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Belief in the TMS diagnosis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Bill17, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Bill17

Bill17 Newcomer

When my pain subsides I can believe in the TMS diagnosis, but when it intensifies I lose faith.

My pain started to get worse on Thursday night. Over the weekend, it was as bad as it's ever gotten. So many parts of my body were bothering me: right foot, left knee, lower back, shoulders. I was so distraught I didn't want to socialize or go out to eat. Today, however, the pain subsided significantly. This has happened to me before: a painful weekend followed by a reduction in pain on Monday at work. Sure, I'm less active during the week at work than I am at home on the weekends, but the pain sometimes gets worse on Friday evening or on Saturday morning before I get out of bed on Saturday and gets even worse when I'm reading the paper on Sunday morning. In general, my level of pain is less at the end of the day than at the beginning, so it's not likely caused by activity. I wish that I could wake up in the morning the way I feel when I go to sleep.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Fluctuations of pain mean it's TMS. Don't try to figure it out. Keep working the SEP and focus on outcome independence. Keep reading about TMS. Let it sink into your unconscious. You'll get it. You're on the right path. Just take it one step at a time.

plum likes this.