1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29 Being Present

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aimee88, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Being present happens naturally for me when I'm working. I like my work, and I have noticed, and just now really put it together reading the beginning of day 29, that once I get going in my day, working, the pain goes and I buzz around doing what I do and enjoying it. Then when the day is finished, the pain and stiffness often hits again. And in the morning, when the house is quiet and I have time to myself (to be in my own thoughts of guilt, worry, anxiety), the pain can be quite strong. (these patterns are almost in the past!) Very interesting. In fact, I have spent most of today cooking, (and eating) which is something else that I am very present in (timing, recipes, there is enough for my mind to do), and I don't even think about whether I'm having pain or not. I just get on with what I enjoy. I am grateful for this lesson and this awareness, right NOW.

JanAtheCPA and hecate105 like this.