1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Being Positive

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by joseph32, Jan 20, 2014.

1. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Well, it has been a couple months with my acceptance of TMS. It has been a relief to find and also a journey. I have had chronic back pain and some leg pain. A few months ago I had an acute episode that created severe pain.

I decided that physically I am fine and do anything I choose. My TMS is tricky and I developed extreme anxiety. After 7 years, I decided to stop my pain medication 8 days ago. I was only taking two to three pills per day. Guess, what??? I don't need that crap. I still have some chronic pain, but have moments of no pain too. I have been working on the anxiety and feel I am making some progress.

I have done much reading, some journaling and meditation. I have recently taken it a bit easy on too much of this and just living life. I use affirmations when needed. I think the more I can live my life and not fear my symptoms, the better I feel. This can be the biggest challenge. I still need to challenge myself with deconditioning with certain triggers. I will continue the journey, and believe this journey will make me a healthier and happier person. Much health to everyone and thank you to all that keep this site going. A big thanks to the success stories, these are very helpful for me. Let Go, Let God.

joseph

2. Becca

Becca Well known member

Wow, Joseph, congratulations! What an incredible journey, and what an amazing place to be. I'm thrilled for you, and truly inspired by you. This is just wonderful!

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Joseph I'd say we will be hearing a total healing story within the month pal. You have such a good understanding of TMS healing and how to apply it plus your doing all the Work -- To me this is your success story by just what you said but believe me pal when I tell you this - 4 to six weeks with this winners attitude you have and your protocol so sound -- You will be writing your total success story. Awesome , I cant wait but remember patience is our power and remember to always stay in the now. Bless you

mindfulliving and joseph32 like this.
  4. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Thank you Becca and Eric. I appreciate your comments!tiphata

G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  5. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Joseph, that is so awesome!!! Your hard work paid off.

May I ask did you have problems with pain when you were a passenger or drove? And how did you handle this?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Joseph, your success story is great. I especially like "Let go, Let God."

It really helps to ask God's help in healing.
    This may sound nuts, but my dog is 13 and has arthritis and was falling in the house three weeks ago.
    I asked God to help her, and she hasn't fallen since.

G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  7. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

I surely believe when we ask God, He leads our steps. I know He lead me to this site.
    So, thank you God!!!!

8. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Thank you G.R. I still continue my TMS journey and will tell of my complete recovery someday. I have not gone back to any pain medication and have been off now for over 2 months. I still have some chronic lower back pain, but I really don't care for it much and it does not prevent me from doing anything. I had a real battle with anxiety, which was a first for me. I have been slowly getting better from that as well. G.R. - I did have some problems earlier with sitting, which included in a vehicle. It seemed worse when I was a passenger, however not much. I do not fear driving or sitting anymore. I have driven for an hour and a half and just don't care much about it. Remember this, TMS comes in many forms and you may experience it while driving or being a passenger, but this is a conditioned response. You are fine and your symptoms may be different than others. You must break the pain/fear cycle and the conditioning. Also, I do not judge myself by my pain or anxiety level anymore. I judge how I handle the experience. Like how much attention I give or don't give to it. I believe they call this outcome independence?

TMS is a very interesting and awakening experience. You are healthy. Pray for the healing that is taking place, instead of wanting to heal. You have to believe you are good and be positive.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and G.R. like this.
  9. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Joseph, You are so right - the healing is taking place!!! YES!!!! I like to look at it as the mountain is moving.YES!!!!!! Sometimes, I forget that.

I will comment more on your post you just wrote later.

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is an awesome reply.

Break the pain/fear cycle and pray for your healing that is taking place instead of wanting to heal.
    By his stripes I am healed. I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me. Thanks joseph32.
    Great to hear your doing well. :)
    You might still have some conditioning to break but in my eyes
    You are already healed cause you got the right tools.
    Bless you

G.R. likes this.