1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 12 Being a goodist

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marla, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Finally back here, very busy month both socially and at work.

I wrote about being a goodist today. About comparing myself to others and thinking they were better until I looked deeper into the lives of each one.

I realized as I wrote about the individuals who I thought had better jobs, marriages or money each one had other things they were dealing with.

No one has it better. It may look like it on the surface.

Since I haven't checked in lately will do update, no back problems at work at all even with lifting, can tell my muscles are getting stronger.

As the symptoms change....sounds like a soap opera title....for the past week fighting off sinus infection and tiredness. Had time to pick up Steven Ozanich's book on pain for a few chapters and read about how your very first thought always tends to be about your body and what is happening with it.

This led me to realize I am giving my tiredness and sinus symptoms too much attention. I wasn't going to swim today, but after reading that I went out and checked on pool and with just my decision to swim later felt better. I feel like there is enormous power in our minds if directed correctly.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy Sunday, Mala. Yes, what we program into our mind can help us or hurt or scare us.
    I'm glad you decided to swim later today. It will take your mind off being tired and the sinus symptoms.
    To me, thinking positive is always good.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

It also helps to know that we are good enough in what ever situation we are in, we are always good enough. I'm glad you got that down, it is a great leap in easing the super ego off your back and letting the inner child be at ease too.
    Steves book is great is getting us to understand what we have to do to get better in our healing knowledge, he is one of my favorite Authors. I am about to make a video for him. It's also great to know how to re-direct our thoughts away from the physical focus, you are doing great, keep us posted.
    Bless You