1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Behind the Heart

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lily Rose, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

There are many expressions of meditation, with subtle variations. We each find our own versions that work for us. In all of that, there are still basic formats. The breathing, the expanding of the heart, the self-compassion and world-compassion, visuals that take us within the body, visual that take us outside of ourselves. There are walking meditations, eating meditations, healing meditations.

For this post, I wish to share the meditation that takes you behind your own heart.

Often, as we are taught to meditate, we focus on our heart-light, of expanding and brightening that light. The visual tends to focus on the front of the heart, opening it wide with warmth and love, as though our arm were also spread wide, the perfect manifestation of joy.

We don't, so much, explore behind our heart, where our secrets hide, where much of our pain lingers untouched by the frontal heart-light.

Imagery is how I express myself, so I offer this visual as a tool: Imagine each of your vertebrae as floodlights, sweeping side to side, the threads of light seeping between, beneath, and over all the crevices and valleys we've created in our secret-places. Breathe with each sweep of light. If the light is too bright, dim it down to a tolerable level. Let those shadow areas feel the warmth of love.

It is not necessary to share what you find behind your heart. Your discoveries are ... yours. But if you feel a need, journaling your impressions is another way to acknowledge yourself. Speaking about it is also another choice. It is all about what is right with you and your heart. You'll know.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Msunn likes this.
  2. nancy

nancy Well known member

You are so wise, I read and internalize each one of your posts. You are no one I have
    ever experienced in my life. I would love to meet you as I'm sure I would heal within
    a short period of time, fondly, and wishing you all the happiness in this world. You have
    given so much to so many. Nancy

Msunn likes this.
  3. Lily Rose

Nancy .... I have spent the last hour in silent contemplation of your extraordinary and beautiful words.

What arises is this image: we are all mirrors of each other. The mirrors are smoky, mysterious. We catch glimpses of ourselves as we face others. The glimpses may be fleeting, ghostly. Sometimes ... sometimes at a great moment, the smoke clears, and we see. The resonance of that moment staggers the heart, suspending the breath.

If my words have affected you so deeply, I believe it is because you see yourself. It may not seem so, yet ... but for the resonance to be so strong, it can only manifest because of recognition of your Truth.

We have memories that transcend our 'normal' consciousness. TMS is a clear example of suppressed and repressed emotional memories. Beyond this, however, is a collective memory ... memories we share with each other.

Connections aren't an illusion. We are ALL connected. Not all these threads are equal. Some are clusters, some are tenuous, but they are all there ... linking us together.

I wish to emphasize again .... everything you believe you see in me .... this is YOU. You may deny this, shy away, shake your head in confusion .. but the seed is there, Nancy, and all I've done is to pour some water upon it. That is the task I've been given ... and you are ready. Ready, because you are questing, ready because you are seeking.

Now is your time .. to breach the covering of your seed, and emerge. Reach for the sun and bask in the rain.

Believe in yourself, Nancy ... know that you are this strong. It is there. It is awakening.

^_^

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Lily Rose and Nancy,
    I get goose pimples reading your posts and being aware of the meditation techniques you are practicing.
    I'll spend some time on them over the holidays, to reach deeper inside me during this busy season.

Among the things that struck a chord with me, Lily Rose, was our connections to each other and
    others in our lives. I hosted a Halloween party years ago and a friend asked others there that he didn't know
    how they met me. It led to him discovering the wide variety and range of friends I had who came to the party.

If we think of our lives as a party and focus on each friend who came, we come to realize how many colors
    of the rainbow of our lives have been shared with others. To me, each friend is a treasure, and they all bring
    me peace and joy.

It also is amazing to realize how "circuitous" our friendships are. How one friend led to meeting another.
    It becomes a long chain of friends spanning many years. I have no doubts about how we were all guided to meet.
    The Lord is a fantastic matchmaker of friends. He seems to put the right people together, whether as spouses,
    parents, siblings, aunts and uncles and cousins, and close friends. I have been enriched by the new friends
    I have met in the TMSWiki journey.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Walt and Annie

Msunn likes this.
  5. nancy

nancy Well known member

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

Lily Rose, I don't really know how to answer this, you're a beautiful person, full of empathy,full
    of life and you have a lot more to offer than do I. You have gotten me through Christmas Eve, and
    Christmas day, I love you for that. I do believe in myself a lot more than I did yesterday. You are
    a miracle, you mean so much in my life. You have sent such wise unbelievable pain relief, I cannot
    express all my emotions in one post. Merry Christmas again to you and yours, So fondly, Nancy

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nancy and Lily Rose and all others tonight.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and warm and fuzzy good wishes from Walt and Annie.

8. nancy

nancy Well known member

9. nancy

nancy Well known member

I wish you the very best Christmas ever! You have been a Godsend to my life, I care
    about you so much Walt, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. I care so much and
    respect you. I love Annie, she is so beautiful, you have a very really gift with her.
    Love and caring, Nancy

10. Lily Rose

For your words on 'miracle', I will share this with my Mother, as it will cause her heart warmth. She endured a great deal to give my brother and I the tools we would need to survive. I think we exceeded her expectations. While she and I are very different in many ways, our hearts are strongly connected and I love her deeply.

Also on your words for miracle ... I say again, look to the Mirror, Nancy. I will say it again and again and again, with relentless and gentle reminders. You ARE everything you think that I am. In time, you will know this to be true.

On a slightly different direction: I do not follow the path of any particular religion, but I do, at times, make references to the bible. Within those pages, the word Grace is often interchangeable with Love. This is why I use the word Grace in my signature. It evokes a slightly different sensation, more organic and rich with imagery. Or perhaps, this is simply another aspect of my Synaesthesia, where words create tangible, physical sensations.

Blessings and Love to you, Nancy.

^_^

11. Lily Rose

Right back to you, Walt .... from my heart and from the golden warmth of our Lucy :)

^_^