1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Becoming aware of tms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Since I have accepted the fact of tms it seems my pains are on overdrive , what to do?

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This is very common and is something that we see a lot on the forum. You can type "extinction burst" into our search engine at search.tmswiki.org to see why it happens. Just ride it out...

3. Boston Redsox

I will thx

4. Boston Redsox

This might sound crazy but can bad weather cause tms pain to be worse?

5. Forest

6. Boston Redsox

7. Forest

Like so much in TMS healing, it's your mental game that matters when doing something as difficult as weaning off of painkillers. You have to get your mind it the right place where the process doesn't add to your internal tension. I don't have any personal experience with this, but perhaps the therapists in the Ask A TMS Therapist program might be able to help. Tips on one's "mental game" are what that service is best for:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forms/ask-a-tms-therapist.1/respond

In the meantime, don't kill yourself. You want to keep your mind on the long game, not the short game, and anything that "winds you up" is to be avoided.

8. Boston Redsox

Again Forest thx I have weaned myself off since accepting Tms and I am going to go with it and not work myself up like u said I made a decision to accept it and not turn to meds which did nothing anyway . I am going to do my reading and my excersice and be kind to myself today. U are a great help... Also I started to work with a tms therapist via Skype very helpful

Ellen and Forest like this.
  9. Forest

It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start!