1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 battling TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by keenie82, Sep 5, 2018.

1. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

Day 10 of the program and though I know in my heart of hearts I have TMS, there is still a smidgen of doubt. I guess that is human. I even have my parents and husband supporting me. Right now I am in the busiest week of the work at my work and I feel like I have to pee more than usual. TMS. My mom even said, remember you are in the busiest time of the work. There are times when I completely forget about my bladder when relaxed. Anxiety/emotional stress/stress makes me notice it.

Part of the issue is staying off forums that spike me. That is an 'aha' moment. Seeing how symptoms spike after reading about something. Then pulling that reading into me generating fear.
    I am still learning. I definitely am on forums less than I was when TMS started in March.

Once you recognize the triggers of your symptoms, begin to think of ways to nullify them.

Triggers are a bit tough in my life, just because life can be stressful. I work 35 hours per week. I have a 3 1/2 year old son. I take on lots of responsibility at home for taking care of cooking, cleaning the house, and laundry. My husband likes to be busy and go out and do his own thing. I am learning this rhythm too and I am learning to make time for myself. I have spin class booked for September to December on Wednesday evenings.

Anyway I am living, learning and really enjoying the program.