1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Battle goes on

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by artetvif, Nov 25, 2014.

1. artetvif

artetvif Newcomer

Still on with the will to achieve this program. Pretty bad eczema today but I won the first battle during the night. I woke up around 2am with a really bad stomach ache, thought about what I ate that could be the cause of the aching, found nothing, told myself it had to be another new version of TMS, and the pain got away in a few minutes. Pretty amazing. It was only my stress of not being able to do all I have to do in the few coming days. The skin must be prepared, it's next in line for battle !

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,
    I think it would be helpful to you to reframe referring to working on your TMS from a "battle" to something more positive and less stressful. I call it a "journey of self discovery". I think the language we use matters, and going to battle is stressful and likely to cause more tension. We need to make peace with our symptoms because in the end it is about acceptance.

Congratulations on the success you've had! Your will to "achieve the program" will serve you well. Keep at it. And keep us posted on how you're doing.

Peggy likes this.
  3. artetvif

artetvif Newcomer

Thank you for the advice, it does make a lot of sense not to talk about battle. Thanks also for the advice on the other post, I will ask my question to the therapist. ; )

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, artetif. I agree with Ellen to think of TMS healing not as a battle but a journey of self-discovery.
    That's what it was for me, and still is, as I learn more about TMS from Mindbody books
    like the one I just got... Eckhart Tolle's THE POWER OF NOW, how to live in the present moment
    and not stress about tomorrow and beyond, or in the past.

Enjoy the TMS journey and you will get more out of it. Our subconscious which gives us pain
    is not our enemy but our friend, leading us to TMS "knowledge penicillin" (as Dr. Sarno calls it).

Good luck on your TMS journey and Happy Thanksgiving. One of the things I'm most thankful for
    is having learned about TMS.