1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

badlands

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Jun 24, 2020.

1. mbo

mbo Well known member

Dr. Howard Schubiner, in his essential book UNLEARN YOUR PAIN gives a lot of importance to the concept of NEURAL PATHWAYS.
    In my humble opinion painful neural pathways are as ruts and gullies created by the rain in a fragile soil. Our chilhood/youth could be that fragile soil, perhaps not enough protected from "the emotional rain" by a healthy and leafy vegetation. The rain erodes the soil and creates little gullies: the pathways for succesives rains are inexorable determinated. Every drop will follow the little or not so little gullies. With more storms and heavy rains gullies will become enormous ravines. The result of that unstopable erosion is badlands.
    Only an accurated "soil reclamation" (CBT, mindfulness, ACT,... but particularly ISTDP) could reverse such damaging process.

Attached Files:

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Did them all and the gullies are still never ...I feel the less we do the less stress we put on ourselves ...been at this for awhile and I found working at it is tmsing at full speed .

So with that said I decided to do nothing but accepted find indifference as much as I can and more importantly live life as best you can...and I don't see anything wrong in a little pharmacy help when needed.

I have done it all and know I am going to do nothing with a little help from meds on occasions. Also I think Sarno said a glass of wine is helpful.

nowa minarden likes this.