1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Flare put me hospital

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Fellow tms ers had such bad pain last night it felt my legs where burning off not practice of meditation breathing of affirmation could dull my pain I went to emergency room and they admitted me and I am still here. This is a real set back for me its putting me in such a tail spin of fear and doubt. Need advice and help

2. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

I can't comment to be honest pal with being in the middle of a flare up myself. Perhaps other more successful people will comment. Good luck though - I'm sure you'll be out soon.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A flare up of pain may mean some new anxiety triggered an old repressed emotion.
    While in the hospital, practice deep breathing and think about what might have brought on the pain.
    Or just relax and do deep breathing while in hospital and like UkAdR says, you'll be back home soon.

Nothing is forever or permanent except a dog's love. Everything else is temporary, even pain flare-up.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Boston Redsox

Thx for your thoughts...don't know where t came from I was having a couple of good days.

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

G'luck, be sure to let us know what they dx you with.

6. Boston Redsox

Anxiety attack they said was on morphine drip until they could figure it out

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Well that's a good thing since that's TMS. I was going to guess that but I didn't. I was in the ER with one a few years back and the kindly ER doc said anxiety attacks and bleeds due to over use of NSAIDS are two of the greatest causes for ER visits. The kindly doc's reassurance and the knowledge that I wasn't dying of a heart-attack set my mind at ease and I went home and slept well.

How'd you like the morphine? It sure worked great when I had a kidney stone. Back to the TMS books.

8. Boston Redsox

morphine was great….it punched the pain and fear right in the face i won the round but lost the match lol