1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bad dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by elchessboy, Jun 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. elchessboy

elchessboy New Member

hi anyone ever wake up 3am or constantly from bad hurtful dreams? Or s are ones and then feel ur body hurt or tense the hell up!??

2. LaughingKat

LaughingKat Peer Supporter

Funny you should ask, @elchessboy, because it happened to me last night and it has happened several times in the past. Last night I was awakened around 3 am by a burning pain in my back (yes, for the last month, first time in my life I've had back pain, although I've had plenty of other TMS symptoms). As I lay there, the burning spread all over my body. I calmed myself back to sleep and dreamed intense dreams about my childhood -- which in reality was frightening and damaging. When I woke up this morning for real, I thought about my relationship with my parents in new ways that I'll be exploring in therapy.

Good luck to you! I hope you get some relief.

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yeah... They can be clues to what's at the root of our TMS. Remember Sarno said "each night we go safely and peacefully INSANE"...all of those prisoners in the unconscious are no longer being watched by the 'warden', Our conscious ego. If you remember them and scribble them down, you can get good clues to healing paths.

I always use those 'dream' websites that compile what each dream might be about, good or bad. They've been helpful.

LaughingKat likes this.
  4. Sita

Sita Well known member

Yes, but rarely, something like 3 times/year. They are not hurtful actually, at least in my case. Even if some appear to be "bad". They are just helpful because they give me a new perspective on x, y life experiences (from the past, present or sometimes future). No tension for me, no pain in the body in my case with these dreams.

I too, use dream websites to 'get' the message if the dream is more like a parable (the message is not so obvious/accessible to my understanding).

I write them down, each dream with its explanation/message and keep them in a notebook. I reread them sometimes, they are truly helpful.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    LaughingKat likes this.
  5. elchessboy

elchessboy New Member

Happy I'm not the only one that has had weird scary or emotional dreams ..but good news is I made a connection as to why I would wake up tense and tired. During those dreams my back neck tenses up ..and when i do go back to sleep I wake up achey. But to know that its these dreams that tenses me up..i can smile about it cus I know whats causing the morning aches... the dreams have stopped!! No more waking up at 3am ...cus I guess it clicked as to where these morning pains come from.. thought I shared this with u all.. waking up for 2 weeks at the same time 3am with weird dreams were depressing me.... unmotivated..but somehow this last time when I woke up form the dream I felt that tense I've been feeling on every dream but didn't realize till last 1 I had. If your thoughts are things then YES I'm a beleiver!! Ur thoughts are things!! I beleive everything can be healed with the mind now as I keep researching and reading success stories ...from cancer to fibromyalgia to diseases to anything really!! And btw I've been going thru child custody, trying to get a new home mortgage and not talking to ex..all at the same time really puts me in a stress state. I felt as a little kid again ...and my childhood, wasn't the best as i had separation anxiety .. i was left with my grandparents from age 1-3 .

LaughingKat likes this.