1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back to "normal" work but already giving TMS the STINK EYE

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kittyruns, May 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

So as we return to the new normal here in Pittsburgh and I am a bank teller, I absolutely expect there is bound to be a masked gunman situation or something horrible....I am totally ready for TMS issues to start flaring. I am already ready (thanks to this amazing group) to expect my sweet little brain to try and make me look over there or pay attention to that pain and on and on we go. I have an extremely young co-worker who is the queen of drama with the eye rolling, talking over everyone and generally making me want to say mean things to her. We are getting a de-briefing tomorrow morning but I keep telling myself that this is not permanent, we will handle and process appropriately what comes our way and if it gets too nuts, a different line of work may be in order. The deep grooves in my CNS (from being a bank teller for ages) can be reprogramed but I feel that I may want to review my career choices and decided on something different and less stressful. I have a Plan B solidly in place, life is good, I am praying for George Floyd's family and all the black people who have racism to deal with on a daily basis and I am moving ahead into the reality that my pain is a diversion, there are far more good people than bad out there and generally, life is really really good despite awful circumstances right now.