1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

back to karate!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by blake, Jan 13, 2016.

1. blake

blake Well known member

Hi all,

Well, I did it! After a two-year hiatus, I finally went back to karate last week. I am so happy about it... and proud too. I quit before learning about tms, thinking it was contributing to my neck pain. It is, after all, a contact sport. But even back then I knew the pressure I was putting on myself was playing a role.

Once I found out about tms and went back to all my other activities, I was still afraid to go back to karate. I wasn't scared of hurting myself, but rather of not being able to withstand the pressure of my inner critic. But I really felt compelled to go back because I needed to prove to myself that I am now capable of defending against my own inner bully. And it's going great!!! I've adopted a slow-but-steady attitude and it feels really wonderful. I'm giving myself lots of support, positive reinforcement and pats on the back. I'm so happy to be back with all my friends and to be strengthening my body and my mind again.

So grateful for tms knowledge, which is giving me back my life step by step.

Regards, blake

2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

That is awesome. Good for you, Blake. :)

I'm about to start working with my Inner Critic (thanks to the advice of Andy B).

Thank you for sharing, it gives us all hope!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

great....its so hard getting over that hump

4. blake

blake Well known member

Hi simplicity,

Standing up to the inner bully is a process and I still find it challenging at times, but it is so worth it. And if I can do it, you can, too!

Best of luck to you! Andy b gives great advice. Glad you're finding support here

Blake

Simplicity likes this.
  5. blake

blake Well known member

Yes, irishskeptic, getting over the hump is the hardest part. But again, well worth it.

6. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Thank you so much for your support, Blake!

Yes, he sure does. I can feel that this issue is crucial to my healing. I'm actually going to start reading Soul Without Shame tomorrow, so the timing of your post was perfect. :)

I wish you all the best!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    blake likes this.
  7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's terrific, Blake. So happy to hear it!

blake likes this.
  8. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Blake,
    I am happy to hear this. Another milestone in your TMS work!!! Congratulations. How wonderful to feel life expanding...
    Andy B.

blake likes this.