1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Back pain survivor with eye pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by teleprompterz, Apr 11, 2020.

1. teleprompterz

teleprompterz Newcomer

I am a graduate of Dr. Sarno's works as well as the recovery program here, which helped me recover from back pain years ago.

What is different between back pain and eye pain is that my eyes turn super red after playing games, so there is actually a visual indicator of something being wrong.

The redness and burning go away if I do not game as much over a long period of time, but I have been gaming a lot since I am in quarantine (like most people), and it also hurts to look at my computer and phone.

Even my computer has given me a problem in the past after overuse, but gaming wears out my eyes much more quickly regardless of which TV I'm playing on.

In the past, I would probably game even more than I do now without any problems.

Now, I only game for an average of one or two hours a day.

I have plenty of reasons to have underlying negative emotions, such as being quarantined at a hotel in a foreign country, but a reason that might directly correlate with gaming is that I know I can be working on my business instead of gaming (although I only allow myself to game after I do a certain amount of work each day).

By the way, the first time I have ever experienced this was when I once switched my TV's viewing mode to dynamic, which made the colors pop.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi teleprompterz,

You probably know this can simply be a "trigger" which has nothing physical to do with the symptom, right? That it was what your mind/body attached to as the "reason" for the symptom. Your understanding of the "guilt" about avoiding work time while playing games is a good insight I think. I have not heard of red eyes, but certainly of "eye pain." I don't know enough of those cases to know if there was redness.

A simple piece of advice is to redo the recovery program or SEP in the Wiki. Dr. Sarno told us that we needed regular reminders/learning even after recovery....

Andy

3. teleprompterz

teleprompterz Newcomer

I am well aware of the likely fake trigger.

The other day, I decided to take action by writing down everything I disliked about my life in a document, and I have already seen great progress with my flareup as a result.

What I will do later on is talk out loud to myself about each and every thing I wrote down on that document to put this flareup to sleep once and for all!