1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back On The Sauce and Feeling Better?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BamBam, Dec 22, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam New Member

For the last couple weeks I've been staying at a friend's apartment. I decided to break my sobriety and also decided to quit seeing the counselor I'd been seeing for the last 5 weeks. Tomorrow at 10am I will be signing papers for my own studio apartment. I've stopped caring about trying to fix the pain. I've stopped caring about trying to be perfect. I'm just living my life to best of my abilities with the circumstances I find in my present reality. I have been putting so much pressure on myself to deal with the TMS or to be perfect and not drink or not party or to meditate every day or do yoga everyday or do some sort of other pain relieving method every day. I wore myself out, which maybe is a good thing. See, it's not that I don't care, it's just that I've stopped trying and instead focused on being. I'm definitely still aware of all my desires to achieve, to be the best, to be healthy mentality and physically, but I'm just done with trying so hard. Nothing good has ever come to me through trying. The best things I've ever created in my life all came from awareness, non-resistance, presence and the right frame of mind. From that space, creation and healing are effortless. I don't know if this fits in with TMS theory, but I seem to be experiencing less pain. I've been exercising a few times a week for health benefits and reading Healing Back Pain, but other than that, I'm just living.

Tennis Tom, riv44 and Boston Redsox like this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

its the best advice that as been posted in a long time on this forum we all going crazy to buy the right books listen to the right people who says white and says black.....who pitching there bullshit classes and programs everybody repeating the same shit over and over with there own twist. The only good advice i ever got was from the whack job tms dr i went to who said if u want to get better stay of forums..
    God Bless and goodluck

riv44 likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well done BamBam, you are moving in the right direction. The unnecessary expectations and demands that you have put on yourself serve no purpose and have more than likely created an inner conflict within in. Keep striving to be less critical and more happy within yourself. Well done!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Truthfully, Monte Hueftle's message rings more true to me then EVER! That is to believe 100 percent TMS and to watch how your INNER THOUGHTS generate INNER Tension....

Kalo

5. Boston Redsox

I always like is approach about dealing with the now not sone bullshit thing your dad or mom said to u 20 yrs ago

6. Boston Redsox

Dr Hanscom as the same approach about dealing with negetive thoughts

7. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi BamBam,

I am happy that you released some of the tension and pressure about "doing Sarno right," and "fixing my pain."

It may be that all the learning you have done about yourself, your patterns, and even and especially this last piece will soak into your being, and do some important work down deep, without trying so much. I appreciate your post.

Andy B.

8. riv44

riv44 Well known member

Intuitively I think we know how to heal ourselves, but perhaps don't listen to our intuitions!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco and all. I tend to agree with you, Marco. Live in the present and try to ignore any pain.
    Find ways to enjoy life. Every minute of every day! I also like living in the past by watching old movies,
    especially comedies. Laughing makes everything better.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  10. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Great TMS post! In my view you've stated The TMS Theory as the Good Doctor espoused it and you are living, scientific, "clinical" proof of how it works and it's functional success.

Dr. Sarno says when you feel the "pain" switch your thinking to the psychological--that's your AWARENESS!

Regular exercise is good to maintain a healthy MINDBODY balance.

"Living" and not ruminating is the goal.

Enjoy your new freedom in your own abode.

Happy Holidaze!