1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back on Meds

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

After having some success being of meds for 4 months,I had a terrible week of pain that I could not focus on my tms healing and had to restart my meds again.

I will try to stay on a low dose until I can get a handle on my healing again.

I guess the old additage is 3 steps forward 5 steps back. Onward and upward.

Markus likes this.
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

If the meds help you get your focus back then, you should be supported in the decision of taking them. I believe you are still on the onward and upward.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You are doing great, sometimes medicine is great when your in pain. The point is to heal from the pain by feeling your emotions and being at peace with them right, so don't break that point by feeling bad and repressing that now, you made a decision, ok.
    Now listen, I healed while taking light meds but I still had some pain that stayed till I got off those light meds. It's the masking of the pain that the meds do that you have to build new neural pathways to, so you can heal all the way.
    How will you know when your healed if you can't feel it?
    I'm not saying not to elevate your symptoms so you can have some relief, I'm just saying don't stay elevated so the tms can give you false pains, hope you understand.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco. Herbie has given you great advice. I know him and he has the best advice on TMSD healing.
    We wrote a book together about TMS and healing from it, called GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN.
    It's full of great healing advice and we tell our own and others' stories of healing from pain.
    It's best ordered online at CreateSpace eStore. Where it says "store," type in his name, which for the book is Eric Watson.

Meanwhile, keep believing in TMS causing your pain. Then it will go away.\

Hi, Herbie. Great to read your posts.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.