1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back in the Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cirrusnarea, Dec 7, 2014.

1. cirrusnarea

cirrusnarea Well known member

Sorry for my absence for so long. Guess I needed a break from thinking about TMS. Symptoms have bee minimum. Today had a mysterious flare up though. I was talking to my boss who has been diagnosed with ALS and he told me that he has used his ailment to help others and that was his reason for getting it. If I can help others who are going through what I am then perhaps I am fulfilling my duty and some good will come from it.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Circusnarea,

I'm glad you are feeling better, it's quite a journey isn't it? Great idea with helping others, I find it helps me re-enforce what I have learnt so far.

All the best,

Mike

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I feel the same way, that getting my back pain and learning about TMS was a blessing in disguise.
    I have learned so much from TMS and have felt good in encouraging others to learn about it so they
    can recover and pass it along.

4. cirrusnarea

cirrusnarea Well known member

On the good days I am very thankful for this experience. Not so much so on the bad ones, lol. I know I have helped myself in many ways by following this program, but there is still some sort of block going on that I have to find and overcome.

5. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

Sure it is great to help others through our understanding of TMS, even better to make it one's life mission upon recovery, as several practitioners did. On the down side, however, until we recover, this helping impulse can be our inner goodist in disguise. And thus give the TMS another reason for its existence. Though everyone is different, and perhaps some people neutralize their stress response by considering their pain as a blessing (like those wounded soldiers who got sent home). Interesting.