1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back Down The Rabbit Hole or something real??

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Psloces, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Psloces

Psloces New Member

Hey guys,

I've had TMS for over 10 years and have been diagnosed by Dr. Schechter and had TMS therapy with Derek Sapico. I have never fully gotten rid of my TMS but have managed to live pretty pain free. 2016 has been an awfully stressful year and in the last few months I've been experiencing pain symptoms that have really got me spinning out of control.

I'm having some kind of auto immune issue (much like Rheumatoid Arthritis) that has been aggressively attacking my joints. I woke up one morning got out of bed and almost fell over because it felt like there was a rock under my foot. Went to the doctor who said I had arthritis and prescribed me heavy anti inflammatory's which I didn't take and just treated as TMS. A few weeks later that pain subsided and I started getting terrible knee pain, thought I'd torn my meniscus playing golf, went back to the doctor who said Tendonitis and gave me more anti inflammatory's lol. Thought TMS strikes again and tried to treat accordingly. However, this time the knee pain never went away and started spreading to the other knee, then I played a gig (professional saxophone player) and the joints in my hands went haywire. They were aching something awful and I really struggled to get through the performance. That was about a month ago, and since then I've been in terrible pain, my right middle finger joint is swollen and hard to bend, my left hand feels exhausted all the time, both knees go in and out I have aching feet and elbows. I've made my doctor fill out a referral to get checked by a Rheumatologist for psoriatic/Rheumatoid arthritis but my HMO insurance sucks and it's taking forever to happen.

My question is? Is this TMS on steroids? I'm a perpetual TMS'er and strongly believe in Sarno's work. I've literally had every symptom ever from Carpal Tunnel and tendonitis, to stomach ulcers, migraines, scintillating scotoma, TMJ, Ulner Nerve entrapment, tailbone and levitator ani, back ache and I still get them. In fact I had a migraine on my birthday last week which I managed to control with a guided hypnosis exercise. I'm now right down the Rabbit Hole though with these symptoms, I've been looking up diet changes for Arthritis online and reading all these alternative nutrition books which I'm worried might be feeding the TMS. I play music professionally and love to golf, I'm freaking out so much I think I might have actually TMS'd myself into something a bad auto immune disease. I also depend on my hands to make a living and I'm worried about what I would do if this is something more serious..... So yeah lol, anyone got any ideas?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I know it is hard as you are waiting for the checkup by rheumatologist, but try to work on your fear. Fear is what causes the symptoms to spread like forest fire. I can't believe it now looking back, but I went from being quite healthy a year ago, to not being able to hold a small mobile phone in my hands in about 5 months - thanks to my fear and catastrophising. I am still climbing my way back to normal, but I can at least hold a phone and lift a coffee mug. Fear is the key!!!

Psloces likes this.
  3. Psloces

Psloces New Member

Yes you are absolutely correct, I've been absolutely terrified by these new symptoms. If it is TMS it's definitely finding a way to attack my deepest insecurities, if it's not, I'm sure the fear is still creating a worse case. I've been doing some meditations and started testing my boundaries for exercise a little etc... Gonna look for some Fear hypnosis exercises as well.

Thanks so much for your detailed response :)