1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Back at it ...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tom Bultman, May 2, 2013.

1. Tom Bultman

Tom Bultman New Member

Happy to say I came across this Wiki. Lot's of great information. I started having lower back pain 16 years ago. After a bunch of medical treatments I was beginning to get depressed. Then my daughter (a young girl at the time) mentioned that she saw the 20/20 piece and relayed that to me. I research it a bit and bought one of Sarno's books. I read it and felt I fit the TMS diagnosis very closely. I didn't get immediate relief from the pain, but it became more manageable. I am an avid bicyclist and one of my worse fears is that the back will some day prevent me from riding. Years later I bought the Sarno video and thought that helped things sink in better.

Last fall I began to have more intense back pain. About every day. It would move around, but often be on both sides of my spine. No acute pain, just moderate/high chronic pain. Then my shoulder started acting up. This past winter was the pits. Concurrent with the pain I noticed that my back would crack much more than it used to and I became worried that the spine was just becoming structurally unstable. I had accepted TMS as the proper self-diagnosis, but the persistent pain made me have second thoughts. Re-reading Sarno's book did not seem to help. A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to be diagnosed by someone who knew TMS. So next week I go to Chicago for a diagnosis. I am hoping that will help me to once again accept TMS and get me back on the road to re-recovery. Just days ago I bumped into the Wiki and see that it may well be all I need. I hope so.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Tom,
    You have come to the right place.