1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Avascular Necrosis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by cowboydigger, May 31, 2016.

1. cowboydigger

cowboydigger New Member

Hello, first time here and keep in mind I don`t know how to type. I`m sure I have TMS and have for awhile. No TMS Dr.s here but I have had a lot of different things at different times. Main thing is osteoarthritis. Haven`t had a pain free day for at least 3 years. Have read all of Dr. Sarnos books and Steve O several times. Finally went to VA for new X-Rays and Dr said I had worst case of avascular necrosis with collapsed hip socket she had seen. Said I shouldn`t be able to walk. I think because of Sarno stuff ,I still take care of a small ranch with animals and cut my firewood etc. Also said I would keep getting worse but due to me being 75 and past circulation problems they don`t know if I would be a candidate for surgery and I don`t know if I want to. To me, I know I have a physical problem , but I still believe TMS work and Louise Hay and John Kehoe can help me. In fact I think that is why I can still do my stuff when they say I shouldn`t be able to. So, I`m asking, has anybody on here ever heard anything about this or something like it? Maybe even if I can`t rebuild the joint I can overcome the pain and keep going. I have to use a cane but I can still get there. THANKS

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you probably have a lot of mind over matter going on! You sound like a tough sort of person that just gets on with it. I also think the TMS understanding can help us whether our pain is tms or not. But if the diagnosis is sure - and a trusted Dr thinks that a new hip would help - then why not try it? My 88 yr old Grannie had one and walked much better for the next 8 years... But it is up to you to make the decision.

3. cowboydigger

cowboydigger New Member

Thanks Hecate. As of now have more tests scheduled (CT Scan) to help make a decision.