1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Avascular Necrosis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by cowboydigger, May 31, 2016.

1. cowboydigger

cowboydigger New Member

Hello, first time here and keep in mind I don`t know how to type. I`m sure I have TMS and have for awhile. No TMS Dr.s here but I have had a lot of different things at different times. Main thing is osteoarthritis. Haven`t had a pain free day for at least 3 years. Have read all of Dr. Sarnos books and Steve O several times. Finally went to VA for new X-Rays and Dr said I had worst case of avascular necrosis with collapsed hip socket she had seen. Said I shouldn`t be able to walk. I think because of Sarno stuff ,I still take care of a small ranch with animals and cut my firewood etc. Also said I would keep getting worse but due to me being 75 and past circulation problems they don`t know if I would be a candidate for surgery and I don`t know if I want to. To me, I know I have a physical problem , but I still believe TMS work and Louise Hay and John Kehoe can help me. In fact I think that is why I can still do my stuff when they say I shouldn`t be able to. So, I`m asking, has anybody on here ever heard anything about this or something like it? Maybe even if I can`t rebuild the joint I can overcome the pain and keep going. I have to use a cane but I can still get there. THANKS

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you probably have a lot of mind over matter going on! You sound like a tough sort of person that just gets on with it. I also think the TMS understanding can help us whether our pain is tms or not. But if the diagnosis is sure - and a trusted Dr thinks that a new hip would help - then why not try it? My 88 yr old Grannie had one and walked much better for the next 8 years... But it is up to you to make the decision.

3. cowboydigger

cowboydigger New Member

Thanks Hecate. As of now have more tests scheduled (CT Scan) to help make a decision.