1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Australian article on back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Porpoise, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. skhs

skhs Peer Supporter

Thanks for the article. I had 3 years of treatment In Australia before finding TMS online. The treatment here in Australia does seem to have less emphasis on structural. But unfortunately is still clueless about repressed emotions being the root cause (and cure).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  3. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

In Australia the professionals who most encourage the structural approach are the physios (for non Aussies, that's physiotherapists, who are very common here and who are usually the first professionals GPs refer you to for pain), and some of them will have you coming back again for more and more treatment, but I think things are slowly starting to change a bit. (There are also the osteos and chiros, of course.)

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It's changing in the U.S., too, @Porpoise . Consumer Reports, which I consider to be a magazine for the great American consumer, has been promoting exercise, yoga, massage, and meditation for back pain - and strongly recommending against surgery - for over a year now. I found that to be an excellent sign.

5. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

That's great to hear, JanAtheCPA!