1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Audiobooks or talks

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by WantToBelieve, Jun 11, 2015.

1. WantToBelieve

WantToBelieve Peer Supporter

ive read quite a few TMS books at this point and now its just a matter of repetition. I'd like to get something audio...a book or lecture series. Any rec's? I've read mind body prescription, Steve o's, healing back pain and David Clarke. Thanks!

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

nice username, bit like my own.

I'd recommend Louise Hay 'Heal your life' a bit kooky but makes some salient points related to TMS type thinking.
    Also Sarnos healing back pain audiobook, read by the man himself is absolutely essential!

EileenS and Forest like this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

4. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

I have enjoyed listening to audiobooks for years and get them from my local library. These days, I often download them from the library's site rather than go the CD route. I borrowed a few Lousie Hay CD's last month. I suspect 'Heal Your Life' is often at librarys. It's like 'Healing Back Pain' for popularity.
    There was a fantastic feature story on tmswiki about 3 weeks ago where the woman listed all the books she had read. I went through the list, checking it against my library's site. I borrowed from the library books that were available from the list and other books that came up in a search that looked interesting and I am doing my own mind body self-study course. A book I am really enjoying right now is by Lissa Rankin, called "Mind over Medicine". I'm also listening to an audiobook from the library that teaches affirmations.
    There are also many affirmation entries in Youtube.

Forest likes this.
  5. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

I highly recommend the audiobook version of "The Divided Mind". It's read by a professional voice over guy with a very authoritative voice. It goes quite fairly deep into Dr Sarno's theories. There is also an audiobook version of "Healing Back Pain" read by the man himself.

I think audiobooks are a great way to reaffirm the principals. I listen to a little bit every day when I'm getting ready to go to work, or driving in in the morning.

I personally wouldn't recommend Louis Hay. While she has lot of great things to say, much of her stuff comes off as New-Age bs. That's just my personal opinion. I mean no disrespect to those who like her.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    IrishSceptic likes this.
  6. WantToBelieve

WantToBelieve Peer Supporter

Thanks everyone. Louise haye didn't work fur me either. Way to new agey for me. But everyone resonates with something different.

I'll prob check out 'the divided mind' on audio. Any other rec's? Thanks!!

IrishSceptic likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I liked Divine Healing, an audio book by Andrew Murray.

And there are lots of good free vidoes on Youtube that combine prayer and faith with healing.

Or do a google search for audio books and healing.

I also like self-hypnosis CDs, for relaxation and healing.

8. EileenS

Today's featured success story is the one that lists the books which I searched my library's site for. Check it out. You might find some of them as audiobooks.

9. EileenS

I am very much enjoying the audiobook 'The Love Reponse' by Eva M. Selhub. It gives meditations, affirmations, and guided practices (involving journalling). I have just finished 'Mind Over Medicine' by Lissa Rankin. It really appealed to my analytical mind when she presents the factual evidence for the mind body link. It was a book, but might be available as an Audio. She also has a website, 'OwningPink.com' that has a self-healing meditation available and a link to her TEDx talk.

Forest likes this.
  10. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Another great book... You can probably find her TED talks by putting her name in the search box at the upper right hand corner of the page. People love her here :)

I use Audible and find it incredibly convenient. It's expensive because you have to pay for the books, but with my subscription it's only $8/book. Compared to taking a college course, it's a great deal, and I wouldn't hesitate to take a college course on mindbody if there were one. Generally, most new books have Audible versions if they sell at all well. The selection is really great.