1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Audio version of The Great Pain Deception?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Seraphina, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

Hi all,

I've been recommended several times to read it, so I decided to do it!
    The thing is, I'm in Korea, and 1) there is no translated version of it, 2) it takes too long to have Amazon ship the original one to Korea, and 3) I cannot find an audio version on the internet.

Is there any way I can purchase or have the audiofile of the book? I have an hour-long commute, so I have plenty of time sitting in the subway and listening to the book with care. Audiobook, mp3 file, podcast, etc. anything would help. thank you!

Phina

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Helenlouise likes this.
  2. Birdie

Birdie Peer Supporter

Hi Phina,

as much as I know SteveO is working on an audio version.
    You can purchase a kindle-version if you have a kindle, so you don't have to wait too long.

Birdie

Helenlouise likes this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

I'd like an audio version, as well.

Helenlouise likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Me, too. Last I heard, Steve was working very hard on it. He was getting the people he quoted to read their quotes! I think people are going to love it.

I'm listening to a computer voice read Steve's book right now on my Amazon Kindle Fire. Kindle devices have a feature called text to speech. It's not a great reader since its not human, but I've listened to major portions of books like this. You need a kindle device, though, to use text to speech with Kindle. It doesn't work with kindle for iPhone or Kindle for Android phones or tablets.

5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, that is GREAT news! I use the text to speech feature too but nothing can beat having an author read his own work. And wow…that sounds really great about hearing the quotes right from those giving them!

6. talkinghead

talkinghead New Member

Any update on a potential audiobook version of the Great Pain Deception? Has Steve ever mentioned whether this is something he's still planning on doing? I absolutely love this book and have found it indispensable during my most recent TMS relapse.

Like Steve, I have always gotten the most benefit out of the audio versions of Dr. Sarno's books. Would love to be able to listen to the Great Pain Deception.

Helenlouise and Gusto like this.
  7. Casio626

Casio626 Newcomer

I had emailed Steve O. And he replied that he will not be releasing an audio book version. I’m reading the book but it’s slow going. Does anyone know how I can use text to speech in iBooks? Or some other way if I dont have a kindle?

Helenlouise likes this.
  8. BagelSchnitzel

BagelSchnitzel Peer Supporter

If you download the kindle app on your computer or smart phone their is a text to speech option. Microsoft Edge web browser has this function and an ebook reader.