1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

audio books

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dan, Aug 2, 2012.

1. dan

dan New Member

I am listening to Dr. Sarno's audio books. Will it have the same effect as reading?

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I think different things work for different people. I liked being able to read and re-read certain sections of the books but I have one of the audio books and I like having it on in the background while I'm doing other things...it's like I'm still absorbing some of the information.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hmmmmmmm, I think I would do both. I have some books on cd and listen to them in the car, but I know I sometimes get distracted and have to rewind! :cool:

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

If I remember correctly SteveO mentioned listening to the audio version of Mind Over Back Pain over and over again when he recovered. I think he even had a version where Dr. Sarno himself read the book.

I totally think that listening to the audio version can be helpful. People learn in so many different ways, and hearing the audio may really help the message sink in. I am a big fan of audio books. I seem to be able to get through a book faster if I can listen to it while walking to class.

In the end, the effect of the book comes down to what you put in to it. Are you accepting the diagnosis? Are you becoming more active? Are you becoming more allowing of your emotions? These are the things that will ultimately determine the level of success you have with the approach.

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Hi! Where could I buy the audio version of Mind Over Back Pain on the Internet?

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I did a search, but couldn't find Mind Over Back Pain in an audio format. It's probably because it is rather old, and it seems like the publisher is no longer making it in an audio format. I did however find audio for Healing Back Pain on Amazon. Healing Back Pain is really similar to MOBP, and expands on a lot of the same ideas.

7. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Thank you for the info

8. Steven

Steven New Member

Speaking of Dr. Sarno CD's, where can you get them? I've read his books but would like to get the CD's and can't find a source, Amazon or elsewhere. Thanks so much in advance.

9. Steven

Steven New Member

Sorry just saw the other posts about this. Duh.