1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

at the start of tms wiki sensations getting stronger

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by nelle, Aug 12, 2016.

1. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Any body else find there symptoms increased when they have first been working with the tms wiki .?
    Almost feels like my sensations are fighting back and becoming louder and even harder to put up with .Would be good to know your experience and how you stuck with it and kept your resolve.

Nelle x

brendan537 likes this.
  2. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

almost everybody experiences this

3. brendan537

the symptoms and your subC want you to say to yourself "I cant do this. TMS isn't the cause it must be something else", when we fall into that belief we stop working the tms program and stay stuck in the same old patterns. Stay the path no matter how much worse it gets. My back pain turned into rashes, hand pain, foot pain, frozen shoulder, neck pain, anxiety and heart palpitations.

birdsetfree and readytoheal like this.
  4. MikeInFlorida

MikeInFlorida New Member

I am on day 4 - this happened to me last night and continued into today. It can be difficult to not feel discouraged, but I am trying not to think of it as a setback.

5. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Thanks for your response Brendan, did you manage to come good again , where are you at on your journey .?
    Im day five and i keep getting caught in battles of feeling like symptoms are raging up and then my emotions rage , feel very at sea .
    Its been very tense at home its hard to believe my subconscious at some point is just going to let me feel better again.
    I think im trying to search of a way to free myself or control the increase of symptoms instead of excepting it as a stage .
    Nelle

6. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Mikeln Hi

I think wanting to be free of symptoms so badly , brings a pressure . It is early days !!. The fact they get stronger and some times have extra symptoms is probably a good sign.

Nelle

7. brendan537

I am so sorry nelle you are struggling. I am on the same page. It got to the point with me I was so comfortable with the love hate relationship of my symptoms it takes awhile to get rid of them. They are definitely better than they were I was practically crippled and unemployed now I work even though it's painful at times. The pressure we put on ourselves is a huge set back. I am going to start journaling, meditating, and running. I am also working on the fear of my symptoms. I would like to share something that gave me hope last night. Look up Georgie old field on YouTube and look up her videos, she has interviews with people she has helped recover. Ultimately it comes from within though. I am also reading the meaning of truth by Nicole Sachs it is amazing. Highly recommend it.

8. brendan537

I live with my uncle who recovered through Sarnos books days before a major surgery. That is how I found his work. It took my uncle about 2 months he said. I've been on this journey for 9 months now. But I too struggle when the symptoms get so bad I give up.

9. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Yes always

10. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

What do you mean by give up Brendan , do you mean you stop the program ?. Or maybe you stop believing its TMS and that it can change ?.Have you managed to go through the hole program yet ?
    Nelle

11. brendan537

What I mean by give up is that I don't stay persitent with the program. I stop it and I let the pain win, I will lie down, use pillows between my legs, use icy hot, I will use anything to get out of the way I am feeling. When in reality what I should be doing is no matter how bad it gets stay persistent with the program because eventually I will come out on the other side.

12. brendan537

No I have not managed to go through the whole program yet.