1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

at the end of my rope

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MicheleRenee, Jul 10, 2017.

1. MicheleRenee

MicheleRenee Peer Supporter

hi all,

i am feeling very very very anxious. like very. my tms symptoms are getting worse and i have been trying for so long to get over the cycle of fear, but unfortunately its become too much. i litearlly get anxiety/think my pain is going to start when i move rooms, get off the computer to watch a show, etc.etc. i have pudendal pain, and its literally pain from hell. i know its all psychological, its all TMS, but these labels arent helping anymore. my brain has associated TMS as something bad. im not sure what to do, all i know is i cant for the life of me go on like this knowing that this is my only way out and i cant seem to get it like so many others have. I try to go out and have fun, but its so difficult. i know im the only one in my own way but im litearlly doing everything WRONG to get better and i KNOW this which makes me feel even shittier about myself. sorry to vent, im not going to commit, but i am seriously questioning my choice of exploring TMS as quickly as i did, as now i know theres nothing that will make me better but this work, and i just dont seem to "get it".

2. Chizzy

Chizzy Peer Supporter

I am new to this site and I've been dealing with similar pain to you for 3 years. I think confidence is very important when treating TMS. I know how you feel about being at the breaking point, the breaking point is what led me to medical marijuana which completely took my symptoms away after the first day of smoking it. I'm not suggesting this, but it gave me temporary relief as it is a Band-Aid. The reason I did it it's because I felt like I might do something worse if I didn't get some relief. Maybe some of the senior members on here can give you some sound advice.

I stopped using marijuana 25 days ago, but I don't regret starting. It got me through a rough time, but now I'm ready to face my TMs sober.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  3. MicheleRenee

thanks chizzy. i only had the symptoms for a couple weeks so i think thats what really screwed me. if i gad them for a few mnths and foubd tms relief right away i wpuld have been more confident out the get go. i completrly ubderstands its tms. its confidence in myself. my abilitues. weed actually makes me worse unfortunately ( i used to smoke every night to relax lol tmser). one piece of advice. stay Waay from the forums once u get it. and just live life. im addicted. its like crack. lol. good luck in your journey

4. Chizzy

Chizzy Peer Supporter

Lol thank you for the advice. I agree about staying away from the forums. This is the second forum I have ever participated in, the first one was the pudendal hope forum which I felt almost ruined me. I take everything I hear with a grain of salt and apply what works for me.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  5. CaptainHope

CaptainHope New Member

Look, we are all gonna make it one way or the other, so hang on in there.

Lunarlass66 and MicheleRenee like this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno's contribution to psychosomatic medicine is that TMS is a PROTECTOR and not a punnisher. It's a DEFENSE MECHANISM. You are stuck between fight and flight--frozen. THANK your TMS for it's distraction until you are ready to deal with the emotional dynamics that are behind the structural pain. If it's too much to read the forum, just read the books, they are comforting. If your anxiety is too high to function, see your physician for some sedatives to calm your nerves. It's been found that short term use of mild doses of sedatives are beneficial, allowing one to focus on TMS psychological thinking. Find a TMS MD or practitioner to consult with in person, by phone or skype. There's a list of them at this site :

g'luck !
    tt

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Celayne likes this.
  7. CaptainHope

CaptainHope New Member

In my case, that's more than true. There are a lot of issues with my life that I've not honored my ancestors when it comes to solve them. I have not acted like a man. And I know those are not easy decisions to make, so the pain actually takes my mind away from it. I guess that it's true for many of others here.

8. MicheleRenee

that forum is one of the worst things on the internet. ive had this pain off and on for years(never worried about it as it was so mild) and only recently was i like hm maybe i should find oit what this is and of course that forum literally caused me to lose it. there was a thread on there i remember reading questioning whther or not it was even a good idea to have the forum in the first place (i believe this was from somebody who later discovered sarno). funny how the brain works along with our nervous system.

thank you all for your replies. i think i might trying banning myself from all things tms for a while and focus on life. i have a wedding out of town this weekend so somethinf to look forward to!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  9. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Yes need to get off the TMS band wagon and start to live ...get the knowledge and apply it.

MicheleRenee likes this.
  10. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Michelle,

Sorry you are in so much pain. You are on the right track and in the right place. I faced similar dilemma when I learned about TMS and had to put together a plan with concrete steps to help me recover rapidly.

If you message me I will send you a recording of one of my workshops titled, "Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain." It will give you the core steps that you can apply right away.

Never ever give up.