1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

as a man thinketh

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Aug 7, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I found this older posting from last year and liked it so much, and the chapter, I thought I'd post it anew so everyone can see it. It came from Enrique April 27, 2012.

James Allen's book, As a Man Thinketh, was published in 1902 and is his best known work. I read this 20 yrs ago and just absolutely loved it. I was at a point in my life where I was learning for the first time about the power of our thoughts, the power of the words we use, the power of our subconscious mind. I was very enthusiastic about it all. This book is one that I re-read quite ofte
    After I learned about TMS and was cured of my chronic pain, many of the words from his book had so much new meaning to me. Every time I re-read this I'm amazed at how these words were written over 100 years ago. The chapter that rings loudly for me most is the one on Effect of Thought on Health and Body (http://james-allen.in1woord.nl/?text=as-a-man-thinketh#c3).

A few quotes from that chapter:
    "Disease and health, like circumstances, are rooted in thought"
    "Anxiety quickly demoralizes the whole body, and lays it open to the, entrance of disease"
    "If you would protect your body, guard your mind."

Enrique likes this.
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I just mentioned this book, lo and behold someone else was aware of it!
    you might find this interesting Walt. Sandy McGregor is a Austrailian armed forces vet who was in Vietnam. when he moved back home and was raising his family his daughter was murdered by a Schizophrenic man. he discovered the power of the mind through this experience.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The Sandy MacGregor video is really great.
    I can't imagine how he dealt with Vietnam or his daughter's murder.
    I think the only way anyone could cope with all that is with God's help.
    I think God gives us traumas like Sandy's so we spend more time praying to Him.
    I believe that Mindpower is one of the gifts from God and The Holy Spirit.

Ryan likes this.