1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Articles that have helped me solidify my belief in the diagnoses

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wrestlingfanforever, Jul 25, 2021.

1. wrestlingfanforever

wrestlingfanforever Peer Supporter

Hey all

Question to Ponder:
    What TMS-related book, article, or news story have you found the most helpful in solidifying your belief in the diagnosis?

The book that first solidified my believe in TMS when i had chronic backpain a few years ago was Sarno's 'Healing Back Pain'. This healed me in 20 pages.

In terms of healing me from migrains briefly a few months ago it was Sarno's The Divided Mind. It was also the reviews section of ebay/amazon as the reviews were so good i believed this book would heal me- AND IT DID- until a week later my father had a heart attack and brought the symptoms back.

Nicole Sachs Podcast: The cure for chronic pain. Helped me through a weekend of anxiety when i worked on a tv show and found myself doubting myself in my hotel room.

Currently on this program, This link to Runner's World:
    https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=FsgDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA49&source=gbs_toc_r&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=true (Runner's World)

I feel like i can relate so much to this because it is about a person that is doing physical exercise.
    If anyone knows of any articles or beneficial things about people in sports getting TMS- id love to have a read.

ALSO There is a TED Talk called 'Healing illness with the subconscious mind' by Danna Pycher. Her mentioning how the initial trauma we go through isnt bad, it's the meanings we attach to it, really opened my eyes and reminded me that what im going through IS TMS.

The link is here:

I hope this helps someone out there :)