1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Article on how someone got rid of their pain by reading Sarno & doing hypnosis

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mala, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mala

Mala Well known member

Cap'n Spanky, IrishSceptic and Markus like this.
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

those comments are depressing indeed and indicative of how the medical world will need to take this idea on board before it will get adopted on a large scale.
    people are very discerning on the whole about things being scientifically grounded and based(which is a good thing) but at present you need to make a slight leap of faith and read between the lines of your own experience before embracing the TMS approach

Mala likes this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Years before I found Dr. Sarno I had a friend who made a crack about the back pain being in my head. It made me quite angry. When you're hurting and searching for answers, that last thing you want to hear is that you are some kind of hypochondriac or imagining the pain. I can understand the knee-jerk reaction someone may have when they think they are being told that.

Of course as we all know, the pain is NOT in our head. TMS is a physiological process that causes REAL pain in the affected area. The important distinction is that the pain is generated by our mind and is not due to tissue or nerve damage. And that is the wonderful news... because of that, we can get better.

IrishSceptic and Mala like this.
  4. Mala

Mala Well known member

Yes unfortunately the article is a bit simple & doesn't really go into much detail about TMS which can lead ppl to think that 'it's all in the mind' means that u r imagining the pain. Definitely not nice to hear that when u know the pain u r feeling is real. Still it's amazing how the writer was able to very quickly get the idea of TMS & apply it so he was able to lift weights & live a normal life within a week of letting go.

Also the article might want to make ppl find out a bit more about TMS which is not a bad thing at all.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    IrishSceptic and Cap'n Spanky like this.