1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Arm pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tmrf, Apr 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Anytime. Good luck to you!

2. tmrf

tmrf New Member

Very kind of you. Thanks so much!!! Did your pain come on gradually? It seems like you are pretty fit, so did you stop all activity when the pain came on? If so, for how long, before you returned to the gym? I'm not a kid. I am 51, but pretty fit. Can run an 8.25 minute mile. The 4 weeks away from the gym were very discouraging. I have always been rather skinny, so I lift to maintain a healthy appearance. I'm not shooting to be a muscle head, just don't want to look gaunt. It is amazing how fast everything starts to shrink after a break. This PT seems so lame. She has me squeezing a ball and stretching a rubber band between my fingers. Then I have some stretches and simple curls with 3 pound weights. UGGHHH!

3. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

That PT sounds lame. I did PT but she had me actually hit the gym: rows, curls, extensions, etc.

Then I had to do the lame rubber band stuff too. Basically, I kept the weights and dropped any exercise only used for PT.

First off, stopped worrying about how fit you look. I did it, still struggle with it, and it has done me zero good. It's hard to get over I know, but it'll help.

Love yourself, as is.

My story includes joint pain all over. My right knee started and I didn't think much of it, then I was doing shoulder presses with only 20 lbs and felt a pang in my left elbow. I didn't think much of it and finished shoulder day.

That was in Jan. and my elbow felt like someone was stabbing me with burning needles every day until July. I stopped all physical activity during that time except PT. .during that time, pain spread all over my body.

I religiously did my PT exercises each week and the pain kept spreading. Then I found TMS, and it started to go away. I read a few books and journaled a lot before I saw much improvement.

I still work out but just for fitness and enjoyment. I'd say my arms are fine now. My knees on the other hand are still challenging. This is due to the fact that my knees bother me SO much more than my arms ever did(mentality)I obsess over my leg pain more so it is still here while the arm pain has left.

4. tmrf

tmrf New Member

I am sorry to hear about your knee pain. I had that a couple of times and it went away. It is very interesting - when I think about it, I start to remember all the different episodes of pain I have had over the years. Each time something flares up I seem to thinks it is something new and terrible that will never go away. I never seem to remember all the other occurrences that did go away. It is a strange thing that I am just realizing right now. I find it comforting because it confirms TMS.