1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Arm Pain Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ajax1, Dec 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ajax1

Ajax1 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I am a young kid (19) recently dealing with very intense arm pain for the past 2 months. I just recently moved into a dorm at a college. There was no initial injury and it started in my right forearm. It hurt to push on things and open doors. Then it was significantly reduced temporarily... only to come back a week later in my left as well as my right. I just was wondering if anyone else had similar arm pain symptoms. I have had a history of TMS and my doctor said there didn't seem to be anything wrong however it does not get better with rest at all and every time i wake up I am more and more frustrated as it is the same level of pain. It is hard to believe that a pain this intense could be TMS. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience of sharp/stabbing pain when putting weight on their arm(like for a push-up) or any action like that. I admit I obsess with it and check/monitor for pain often. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ajax1,

Probably no one here has had the exact situation as you. The important thing is that yes, intense pain can be caused by TMS, with no structural cause. Allowing this information in is very important to your recovery.

You seem to know you have TMS, based on history, physician exam, and symptoms moving. Getting better with rest is not important in diagnosing TMS. The rest is up to you! Good luck in this work. I think you're on the right track.

There are free programs at the Wiki!

Andy B

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Ajax1

Ajax1 Newcomer

Thank you for your reply. I have healed other problems of mine in the past with TMS methods. However, I have a hard time getting my head around the intense stabbing pain that is generated whenever I use my arms. I hope I find the answer soon.

Thanks