1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Arm and testicular pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by robin tucker, May 18, 2020.

1. robin tucker

robin tucker Newcomer

Hey guys!

I'm new here, so I'm just going to introduce myself. I've had chronic pain in my arms for four years (I'm a pianist and musician), and testicular pain for 2 years.

I've had all the tests and no doctor has found anything wrong with me.

I'm here beginning my TMS journey and am wondering what resources and daily practices work best for you.

Please let me know! Thank you

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi robin and Welcome~

We suggest you use the Structured Education Program at the Wiki, which is free, and, I think embedded in that, or in addition, use Gordon's program linked at the top.

Other advice/resources, you don't need all of these, just work 1 hour a day at the most.
    Read Dr. Sarno's books
    Podcasts, which you might make a request for in another post. I lost my bookmarks!
    Curable Ap
    Howard Schubiner Unlearn Your Pain
    Steve O's books
    Develop a mindfulness practice
    Inquire into the start of symptoms, correlations with events in your life

Learn to forgive yourself
    Learn to assert your needs with others
    Read success stories
    Stay away from posts which describe discouragement, little success
    Stay active
    Find things in life you enjoy, pleasure in whatever form
    Stay social as best you can
    Have confidence that you'll get through this. 10's of thousands have, and it will probably change your life for the better as you understand yourself more.

Post questions, check in, ask for support!!!

I hope this helps get you going. It sounds like you have a good foundation for moving ahead with the diagnoses you've (not) gotten. That is, that there is nothing physically wrong with you, and that you're experiencing a very common "condition" which is workable with the techniques you're beginning to engage in.

Andy

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Also, I want to reassure you that many have been here and been successful with both testicular pain, and arm or wrist pain related to instruments, or typing. Actually fairly common.

When you read success stories, insert, or "read into" the story your symptoms, even if it does not match perfectly. It is all the same activation of mind-body experiences!!