1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Listening ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RikR, Mar 16, 2013.

1. RikR

RikR Well known member

As I am mindful of my life I find that current repressions are probably more TMS causal than old stuff from the past.

Every time you use will power or the ego you have just denied the message from the True Self and then have guilt and shame to repress.

I know I should not eat that – TS says “Don’t Do It” – will/ego says what the hell. Guilt results from now following what we know to be right. Shame comes when we fail our True Selves too often

I want what I want (id) – then the inner voice gets denied and another repression. This can happen many, many times a day and if you are a Type A, willful person probably much more. When I am willful I don’t want my body telling me it is to tired to do what I want. I don’t want any of my wants to be frustrated, or denied even if they are wrong or bad.

I am beginning to suspect that the sum of the times we have acted from a place not of our core (True Self) is a major part of the load causing TMS.

Just maybe TMS is the message STOP!! LISTEN TO ME.....I have enough guilt from you not honoring the your True Self....

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Have you read any of Monte's stuff? We have a lot of his updates at http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Archive_of_Monte_Hueftle's_Runningpain.com_updates . One message that he talks about quite a bit is the need to focus on the present and how we are feeling right now.

TMS is both a distraction and a message. Our bodies are trying to tell us something by creating pain, and this is usually to listen to our minds and get in touch with our emotions. Understanding your past can help you understand why you have a repressive personality, but sometimes all it takes is to understand your current emotional state. This is something that Monte talks about quite a bit.

3. RikR

RikR Well known member

I like Monte's take on TMS - it fits well with my training