1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by af90, Nov 25, 2014.

1. af90

af90 Peer Supporter

Yes and No. There are many emotions that I have repressed I think, I ignored these emotions during times of stress. I would be putting other people expectation before my own happiness which I know is a big characteristic for TMS.

Having said that, none of these emotions are "Traumatic" or are highly severe in any way. Is it common to have difficulties identifying these emotions? can pain be trigger by events that are "medium" of severity for instance?

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

You might think those emotions are only Luke-warm in your conscious mind, but they may be as fierce as an angry pitbull's rage deep in the paleo-mammalian primitive brain. That's the irony of our existence at this stage of our evolutionary development as John Sarno goes into some lengths at describing in his magnum opus, The Divided Mind. Or as the German philosopher Frederich Nietzsche once put it so succinctly, "To human, too human".