1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Are sinus infections TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Mar 14, 2015.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

In the past 9 months, I've battled lots of sinus infections that leave me dizzy and congested. The only thin I've found to work in nasonex which I've been taking for several months and didn't have any problems. I recently found out I am pregnant so I can't take nasonex and within 5 days of being off of it, the dizziness and congestion are back and I'm wondering if it's just TMS. I've battled back pain for 5 years and have made great strides with Sarno's work. Thoughts on how to overcome this?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Being a bachelor, I am not anyone to discourse on pregnancy and whether that causes TMS
    but from my reading of Dr. Sarno and others, I'd say yes.
    You may be repressing anxiety about the delivery or becoming a mother.
    You say you have had success in relieving back pain through TMS work,
    so I would work on that regarding your sinus problems. That may very well be where
    the subconscious is sending signals to you to discover more TMS repressed emotions.

You're doing to come through the delivery fine and be a wonderful, happy mother.
    Keep those positive thoughts and maybe even make them a mantra.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

Have you tried any natural remedies, neti pot? The dizziness sounds like TMS to me. I have had a sore throat since Christmas, I have tried to ignore it, talk to it with TMS talk, then I lost my voice completely. I had to go a little deeper, into mediation, and slowly crawl out of my hole. But, in the big picture, which I usually ignore or don't really understand, I feel I may be coming through on some issues that have been stuck for a long time. When doing mediations I feel I hold a lot of emotions in my throat, that could be the same with your sinuses. Holding in emotions in that area. There is really no explanation why some things take so long to improve, but they can. Be kind to yourself and keep up with the TMS self talk.

By the way, the emotional reasons for sinuses (in Feelings Buried Alive Never Die) are:

-trying to call the shots in someone else's life
    -dominating possessive
    -being irritated by a person close to you

4. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

lol Peggy......i see 2 of those things in me

Peggy likes this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

If there is truly infection, then you should see a doctor and get antibiotics to treat it. You don't mention if you've checked this out. If you've checked it out with a doctor and there is no infection, then go ahead and treat as TMS. But be sure to get the all clear first, especially since you're pregnant.

6. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Any symptom can serve an underlying psychological function - even sinus infections. Certainly, when stress suppresses your autoimmunity, it's a whole lot easier for colds and viruses to take hold in your system.

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them" Dr. Sarno

8. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

you know COGirl, now that I think of it, SteveO mentions Sinus Infections in the back of his book as possible TMS.