1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Parts Therapy Archives?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by njoy, Feb 13, 2014.

1. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Forest has suggested it might be useful to archive some of the best parts theory posts and threads here on the Parts Therapy - IFS sub-forum. We could draw from General Discussion and the other sub-forums, as well as good stuff on parts from around the web. If the folks on the mailing list agree, we could include many of the excellent posts from there as well.

I love the idea of using the big red Archive prefix (above). What do you think?

2. Becca

Becca Well known member

I love the idea of getting some of the incredible discussions we have had on the mailing list here on the forum!! I'm a bit unclear as to how this would actually look like - would we be bringing over an entire conversation from the mailing list and putting it in one thread? I'm curious, tell me more!

I also like the prefix. Very eye-catching! We could even make it more specific -- "IFS Archive" or something like that -- though since these threads will be in the IFS subforum, that might be redundant. And, we also can use the "Internal Family Systems therapy - IFS" tag for some of this great content, too!

3. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Thanks, Becca. Thing is, the mailing list posters have a higher expectation of privacy for their thoughts than they'd have if they posted in an open forum. I think Forest was suggesting that we trim the mailing list posts of personal info and use only the gist of the thread. This will have to be opened to discussion on the mailing list before we do it.

Would the prefix Parts Archive work? I don't know. It involves more than IFS, though. The various parts therapies all have their strengths and it's good that we can borrow. Understanding that we have parts is too big to put in a box called IFS or Jungian or Voice Dialogue, or whatever. It's all good and moving in the same direction. I really love that!

I also want to include great comments from the forums. This fits with the prefix Archive. But parts info from other sources doesn't, does it? My problem is that I see evidence of our parts at work EVERYWHERE these days. Probably most of us do. That's exciting and should be shared.

We'll get this sorted. Or we won't. I never was good at being patient but it's important to let a good idea unfold.

4. Becca

Becca Well known member

Good point. The only reason I'd be hesitant to just use "Archive" is that "Archive" is a very broad term. I was thinking that adding some sort of clarifying term would help in that respect. I'm just not sure what that term would be. Maybe we're limiting ourselves if we use "Archive" -- maybe we should use another term, like Resource, or Highlighted, or something like that? Or not. I'm not sure, I may be over-thinking it. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

5. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I like Resources although there is already a basic Resources Sticky, on the sub forum. Maybe changing that sticky to Resources: Get Started Here would work and using the big red prefix for "TMSwiki Resources" and a bright green prefix for "Other Resources" (outside links)

We'll have to mull on this, Becca. Thanks.