1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Apprehension abt exercising

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by npoise, Jul 5, 2017.

1. npoise

npoise New Member

Q: When was the last time you exercised? Do you have any apprehension about exercising or engaging in physical activity?

The last time I exercised was just an hour ago, actually I still have bit of apprehension about exercising area around my neck and upper back where I was diagnosed with bulging disc that caused muscles spasm especially in yoga poses that require bending of neck. Some day, I do feel the muscles there are aching, not sure it could be due to exercise or TMS, I would ignore it and move on.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I would try to ignore the pain and continue on with yoga. But maybe do a modified version of poses that involve bending the neck. You may be rushing the exercising. Also, yoga may not be the best exercise for you right now. Have you tried Pilates? There are some good free Pilates videos on YouTube.

3. npoise

npoise New Member

It has been fine in the last few days, so likely just muscles pain due to exercising. I did pilate reformer before my TMS symptoms appeared, personally, I think yoga is better for me.