1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone with Atopic Dermatitis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Islander, May 13, 2021.

1. Islander

Islander Peer Supporter

Is atopic dermatitis a tms equivalent or not? Has anyone has healed or cured from atopic dermatitis in all of the tms community ?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Islander,

I recall when I was going through my disabling back pain and sciatica I suddenly developed a rash over a good part of my body. As I mention in my book:

"But unfortunately, about this time I came down with a rash. I thought it might have been due to a change in our detergent. I checked out two books from the library on skin care, and both mentioned allergic reaction as one cause of a rash. However, the cause of most rashes is still a mystery. The rash was so severe that I had to take a whole week off from work. It was very uncomfortable. I could not wear any tight clothing. I was prescribed a cortisone lotion and recovered after about a week..."

It is possible to develop a skin condition due to TMS but you may also want to consider your diet. What happens in your gut can show up on your skin. That is one way your liver expels toxins out of the body. I used to get really big pimples on my back. Once I cut out sugar and went on what I call the disease-preventing diet, they completely disappeared. It may also have to do with yeast overgrowth in your gut or lack of probiotics.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Islander

Islander Peer Supporter

I have always had probiotics in my diet and rash is different from atopic dermatitis or some allergic reaction atopic dermatitis is in another spectrum or league. Dermatitis is whole body not some clothe or random rash

FredAmir likes this.