1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone suffers from Pain around Past Spine Surgery Incision/Cut ?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Abbey, May 16, 2017.

1. Abbey

Abbey Newcomer

Hello. My name is Abbey.

Greetings from Singapore/Malaysia.

I went through Spine surgery when I was 19 years old(1997). As i had severe pain on my left leg radiating from my lower back. This surgery was never required and it was a huge error.

Actually, looking back, that pain was just a TMS attack as I was extremely stressed to get good grades in my college (I realized it after reading "Healing Back Pain" book).

Due to a masseuse error in 1997, as he tried to relieve my pain through his legs, my thecal sac got severly injured. I can say at that time I was not mature enough and come under parents pressure to do that pain relieving exercise.

Later went through surgery (Laminectomy L4) in August 1997.
    (Still regretting doing surgery but I kind of accept it spiritually)

My spine pain started in May 2012 as I was not happy with my business
    “And I repressed lots of emotions during this stage.”

Later I suffered from Back Pain from May 2012 to January 2016 with Back pain till I read Dr. Sarno book.
    After reading "Healing Back Pain". I got 80% healed in 4 weeks.

Now after 20 years of surgery, I still have pain in my scar tissues on my back near my surgery excision/cutting.

The surgery cut is 11 cm long
    and the Laminectomy was done in a bad way..

I can't sleep on my back. So I am sleeping on my chest.When I touch those scar tissues, the muscle around it pains. In my mind i write off this pain as "symptom imperative".Meaning this pain is also TMS.

I will appreciate your help if anybody is suffering from the same issue of pain near surgery incision/cut?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Abbey,

Welcome to the forums! I will tell you this was not my personal situation but I have many clients who have this situation, it is very common! Many people on here also have pain at the site of old injuries. The site of that surgery has certainly healed long ago so it is certainly TMS/neural pathway pain. Those pain pathways were learned when you had your surgery and could persist now especially if you have repressed some emotions and have added stressors in your life. Let us know how we can help, reading Sarno and other TMS books and doing the SEP are a great start.

3. Abbey

Abbey Newcomer

Hey Thanks a million for your reply. I am signing in after ages. Take care and god bless! Infact my pain near my surgery is 70% helaed as I am believing its TMS and its helping.