1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone had or have extreme tireness?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Mar 25, 2023.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I feel like I might never recover from this. I feel tired and demotivated to do things. Like I would like to have more energy but idk what to do.

Even exercising leaves me with great fatigue sometimes and idk if I should just drop lifting.

I would like to feel awake. I hardly feel emotions or alertness.

I can’t think straight sometimes.

I checked my labs and I had high cortisol am level. Also lower in the normal range in labs of testosterone.

2. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

Been there and it's been my toughest TMS symptom to deal with. Mindfulness meditation, staying active, and allowing myself times of rest have helped.

stevow7 and Sita like this.
  3. stevow7

What did you do when the thoughts of tireness comes?

4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

For me it started with recognizing and then letting go of the fear associated with the fatigue. In other words, catch the fear thoughts that came when I started thinking about engaging in an activity that might make me tired. They were very sneaky and subtle, but very omnipresent. Once I recognized these thoughts, I was able begin taming them and eventually let them go.

My fatigue and all the associated symptoms (cold/flu, dizziness, etc.) are completely gone now. But it took a long time. It was the most difficult TMS symptoms I ever had to deal with.

Booble, jrid32 and PainNoMore like this.
  5. theacrobat

theacrobat Peer Supporter

I had severe chronic fatigue for years. I still get more tired than I should at times, but not so bad you can call it an illness anymore. Once the Sarno work was done with unconscious emotions, I found the best approach to tiredness is just to get on with it and do whatever the tiredness is preventing you from doing, then in my experience it lessens significantly. Show it who is boss.

stevow7, Booble and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  6. stevow7

Hi, yeah I got ocd and this is a tough one

Cap'n Spanky likes this.