1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else out there diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel in both hands and a positive EMG that healed?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Hamed, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Hamed

Hamed New Member

About two months after my diagnosis of herniated lumbar discs, I started having issues with my hands being uncoordinated and stiff while texting and typing at work. It got so bad a few times at work that I had to leave early because of the frustration and aching pain in my hands. I went in for an EMG (at this time I hadn't discovered TMS or Sarno), and the results were positive for mild CTS in both hands. The doc said I had about a 5 to a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 in each hand. Since discovering Sarno's incredible work on TMS, and understanding that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a classic TMS symptom, I have been improving greatly, but the weakness and clumsiness in my hands still persists and they hurt the more I type or text.

I read in The Divided Mind that a man diagnosed with CTS on the basis of an EMG nerve conduction study went to see a doctor trained in TMS (forgot his name) who believed the man was suffering from TMS but agreed to do surgery on one of his hands to release the band that was supposedly causing the man's CTS. The surgery helped at first but the pain came back. The man returned to the doctor who then informed him about TMS and the patient recovered. According to the doctor that contributed this information in Sarno's Divided Mind book, the reason his test was positive was due to TMS restricting oxygen/bloodflow to the nerve causing his symptoms.

The case study above was a little lacking in reassurance, for a perfectionist like me. I'm hoping that there's someone out there who was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on the basis of an EMG nerve conduction study and completely (not partially or somewhat) recovered/healed/eradicated symptoms just using TMS methodology and without ever needing surgery. I'm just worried that although I have reduced my symptoms somewhat, that they'll ultimately get worse with time. Anyone?

Thanks,
    Hamed

2. stradivarius

stradivarius Peer Supporter

Check out TG957's post in the thread Carpal Tunnel syndrome in the Ask a Therapist forum.

3. Hamed

Hamed New Member

Thank you!