1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever had blood in their pee?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Baseball65, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Guys and Gals.
    Anybody here ever have hematuria (just learned that word)a.k.a. Blood in Urine?

My Younger son who is TMS prone started having symptoms last week. First he had trouble holding his pee in 100% and then when that ended he has blood in it.

He is a near pro level skateboarder and falls quite a bit like they all do.(kidneys?) He also eats GNARLY hot food like Ghost peppers and drinks waaaay too much coffee. But so do I and I have never had blood in my pee.

The timing with the Holiday, him being under a lot of stress with work, new job offer and his ENFP Nature all have me a bit suspicious. It is scaring him the same way his first back pain did... He is super concerned with doing 'what's right' and I knew he was stressing about Xmas, the gifts he gave, 'adult' responsibilities,etc.

Dr. has been seen and he's on meds for a UTI but they really got into his head(and mine as well) with all of the catastrophic possibilities....sound familiar?

any insight/experience would be appreciated.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Baseball,
    While I have no firsthand experience, I wanted to encourage you, and your son. I took a look at webmd (lol, not what tmsers should usually do) The first thing it says is its usually not serious, and there is a good sized list of causes, and most of them are minor. Occam's razor says it will probably be the simple answer, of which there are several. We tend to catastrophise, but the odds are greatly in his favor. I hope he is well quickly and the uncertianty doesn't last long.

Lizzy

JanAtheCPA and plum like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi BB -

I will also add that I believe UTIs are a fairly common indicator of a poor immune system. Stress, of whatever kind, can CERTAINLY suppress our immune system function. I think that most doctors now accept this - even the most narrow-minded traditional practitioners.

We use the term TMS because it's convenient, but Dr. Gabor Mate has studied the physiological damage that long-term stress can cause, and one of the things he talks about is repressed immune systems. He specifically refers to the stress of emotional repression. Dr. Sarno famously addresses emotional repression, but he came up with "TMS" to describe the symptoms that our brains produce in order to distract us from the repressed emotions.

These are two very different ways of looking at the source of health problems - but the root cause is the same: repressed emotions eventually WILL cause health problems.

Sadly, it sounds like your son is working up to a perfect storm of health issues if he continues to distract himself from his emotions with over-the-top behaviors.