interstellar
Peer Supporter
I am posting this because I dont seem to see anybody else on this site talking about pain and tightness in the groin/hip socket area. I also dont see anything about this mentioned in any of dr. sarnos books. I have a lack of range of motion in my right leg, and a constant slight dull pain/tightness in my groin area/where the leg meets the hip in the groin area. I also have the same feelings in my spine but it is much easier for me to accept that as TMS, especially given that so many people experience their tms symptoms in the back. The weird part for me is that a few months ago (before finding sarno) I was limping around on this leg, and now im able to run and jump and do jukes and cuts on it. As this may seem like obvious evidence of tms, im concerned because I still have a lack of range of motion in the leg, and every time i lift my leg above my waist and put it back down, i feel a pop in the hip socket area. This pop doesnt hurt, but im slightly concerned with the presence of it coupled with the pain i get with rotating my leg outward away from my body and lifting it up towards my body (such as sitting down and lifting your leg inward toward yourself to put a sock on). I know ive made a lot of progress and should be grateful to be able to run with only some slight tightness/soreness afterwards, but Dr. Schubiner suggested seeing my doctor and getting an xray, which I absolutely dont want to do because I dont want to fall back into that trap. But I also dont want to put it off if there is indeed some impingement in the area (I would assume the femoral head). Curious if anybody has any thoughts on this or has healed themselves of this type of pain using TMS methods.
Thanks
Thanks