1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips for how to deal with constant symptoms (pain, tingling)?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by bimbo021, Oct 31, 2016.

1. bimbo021

bimbo021 Newcomer

To give you a brief overview of my story, I’ve had back pain and plantar fasciitis for about 2 yrs. I also had 2/3 episodes of TMJ throughout this period.

Read HBP about 3 weeks ago and I became much more active and no real increase in pain or tingling which helped as a reinforcement of “my back is ok”. So I think it’s pretty clear that I’m a good candidate for TMS but feeling the pain and the constant tingling is sort of a reminder of “hold on, you may have something on your back/feet” and therefore I can’t fully assume I have TMS. However, I’m in a better mood, I’m exercising more and whenever I have intense tingling it just doesn’t get into my head as in the past (negative thoughts are becoming more and more sporadically)

The question I have is the following. From what I read, people who have an attack or a pain episode are advised to think psychologically at that time; what advise would you give someone who, like me, has tingling more on a permanent basis (intensity varies but its almost always there) and not at a specific time? I’m dealing with pain and tingling in a much better way and just trying to think something like “ok, you are there, my back is fine, so I’m not going to pay any attention to it” though, as you can imagine, it’s still hard to do. I know it takes time but I would really appreciate any tips you may have if you have ran into this situation in the past

Thanks!

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

My TMS bout started with tingling and numbness. It later progressed to neuropathic pain and swelling until someone told me about Sarno. 9 months later, tingling is almost gone. As a matter of fact, each round of reduction in symptoms starts with increase in tingling which then subsides. Tingling is another way for your brain to scream at you that your emotional health needs to be attended to - that's how I look at it. Once I stopped freaking out over tingling, things started moving much faster for me.

Keep calm and carry on :=)

MAE, Lavender and Tennis Tom like this.